I receive weekly recipes from the WHFoods.org. I wanted to share one that I will be trying very soon. It sounds very easy and delicious. Enjoy!
Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad
Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups cooked or 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans (BPA-free), preferably organic
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 TBS parsley, chopped
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 6 sliced kalamata olives
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Press or mince garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out its hidden health benefits.
- Drain liquid from garbanzo beans and rinse under cold running water; this helps prevent intestinal gas.
- Combine all ingredients with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.