Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-35 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 parsnips
- 2 carrots
- 2 turnips or 1 large rutabaga
- 1 daikon radish (or substitute/add in your favorites, like squash)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- herbs: rosemary, thyme or sage (fresh if possible)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and chop all vegetables into large bite-sized pieces.
- Place in a large baking dish with sides.
- Drizzle with olive oil; mix well to coat each vegetable lightly with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and herbs.
- Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes until vegetables are tender and golden brown, checking every 10 minutes to stir and make sure veggies are not sticking.
Note: Any combination of vegetables will work. Roasting only one kind of vegetable also makes a nice side dish.